The Clinical standards and governance in Colosseum Dental Group are overseen by the Medical Board. The Medical Board issues guidance on clinical procedures and supports clinicians in their clinical autonomy in all CDG country organizations through vigorous governance and oversight, to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and thereby to safeguard and protect our patients and colleagues.
At CDG, the Medical Board’s main duties are :
- setting the vision for the medical agenda and top medical priorities in the pan-European setting of Colosseum Dental Group
- issuing guidance on clinical procedures and support clinicians in all countries
- being compliant with the national healthcare authorities´ guidelines in all dental practices of CDG and its country organizations
- implementing additional safety measures to allow the group to safeguard our patients and colleagues
- supporting clinicians in executing their clinical autonomy within regulatory frameworks in decisions concerning the patients´ treatment plans and treatment
- issuing compliance guidelines on facilities, SOP’s, medical protocol and regulator expectation and facilitating systematic internal audit schemes to measure the execution of the guidance, quality assure our processes and continuously allow us to look for any opportunity for improvement
- issuing guidelines for clinical innovations and medical procurement
The dentist always carries the responsibility to diagnose and treat the patient according to a treatment plan agreed with the patient, following clear and informed discussion within the regulatory and governance framework.
Patient Care and Experience
CDG is dedicated to developing the quality of the patient experience in all of the markets we present in.
CDG and its country organizations collect patient feedback and measure patient satisfaction scores, utilizing various techniques to allow comment on the individual clinicians, clinics and country organization. All feedback metrics are utilized to develop patient care and to focus on opportunities for improvement.
Developing patient experience includes focusing on providing a full assessment and communication around treatment options, the costs, benefits and the impact of the different alternatives to enable the patients to make informed decisions.
CDG Medical Organization
The CDG Medical Board gives guidance to the Clinical Standards Committee and the Clinical Innovation Committee by providing direction on the quality and variety of consumables and equipment, modern technology and also the workflows utilized in the CDG for the Country Medical Organization´s adaptation and execution.
The CDG Medical Board also sets the vision for the CDG Group Academy Board on the curriculum and pedagogy of the CDG Group Academy for the professional development and immersive learning of all clinicians and staff in CDG.