Who we are
We strive to become the global leader in dentistry, driven by an innovative model based on strong local platforms. As a Group focused on quality, we are present in 9 countries globally, generate sales in excess of EUR 900 million and operate more than 500 clinics. The Group is owned by Jacobs Holding AG, a long term oriented, family-backed financial sponsor based in Zurich. Ahead of a full operational merger of the European and US platforms (Colosseum Dental and Northern American Dental Group, respectively), we have been tasked by our owner to ensure a streamlined, regular financial reporting of the dental business.
The overall mission of the Group Reporting and Consolidation department is to provide updated, clear, consistent and pertinent data about the financial position of the Group, countries or business units, both for external and internal use. The Group Accountant is part of the production of Group consolidated financial statements under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), with a special focus on the integration of the financial reporting of the US subgroup.
As a Group Accountant you will:
- Partner closely with the Finance functions of NADG as well as CDG;
- Lead the first-time adoption of IFRS of the US division, in close collaboration with the Senior Accountant of CDG;
- Be responsible for the transfer of monthly financial data of the US division to IFRS;
- Produce and review the financial consolidated statements of the Group under IFRS on a monthly basis for the US business and support/ act as a back-up for the full Group;
- Be a guardian of the rules by ensuring proper compliance with the Group’s reporting and accounting principles, with the focus to the US division;
- Act as an expert function and business partner for questions related to Accounting and Reporting and IFRS;
- Deliver monthly contributions to Group and divisional consolidated financial statement analysis in due time;
- Ensure timely and quality financial information on a monthly basis;
- Support the Reporting team with the creation of recurring internal reports such as weekly/ monthly sales;
- Coordinate the US subsidiary in the yearly audit process of the Group;
- Contribute to the further implementation of processes and guidelines within the Group such as Capex guidelines.
- ACCA or CPA qualified/ CPA candidate with strong knowledge in IFRS;
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in Group accounting functions in an international company, accompanied by work experience in an audit firm;
- Work experience in the transition from US GAAP reporting to IFRS;
- Relationship management, international culture experience and excellent communication skills are very important;
- Ability to manage and deliver on several projects on time and with a focus on quality;
- Demonstrate proficiency in applying accounting expertise;
- Ability to take initiatives and accountability for the relevant scope of work;
- Good knowledge of the business financial consolidation tool “Tagetik” would be strong assets;
- Business fluent in English is a must, any further European language is an asset.
Collaboration, Care, Entrepreneurship are the three core values of our Group and it is important that our new employees buy into these values, as we live them within the team.
What we offer
- An international working environment in our European Headquarters with a cooperative culture, room to take additional responsibilities and open communication through all levels;
- A chance to shape and create a role based on abilities and the company’s needs;
- Great career development opportunities within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment;
- Great location in the heart of Zurich with a dynamic, international and motivated team.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact our People Magician – Florian Wessendorf <email@example.com>